Auditions for Mainstage
Davidson Community Players announces open auditions for its fall production of
Dixie Swim Club
by Jessie Jones, Nicholas Hope and Jamie Wooten.
Sunday, August 3rd at 7pm
Monday, August 4th at 7pm
Armour Street Theatre
307 Armour Street in Davidson
The audition will consist of cold readings from the script. Participants should bring a resume or list of theatre experience, a recent photo, and a list of conflicts. Rehearsals will begin August 10th. No prior acting experience is required and novice actors are encouraged to audition. The production will run October 2-19.
Dixie Swim Club is a story about a friendship that spans 33 years. The play is set on the Outer Banks of North Carolina but its’ themes of loyalty, family and friendship travel beyond state lines and touch us all. This comedy takes place on 4 “girl’s weekends” where the five friends meet to laugh, meddle and catch up on each other’s lives.
Principle Roles include:
Characters must be able to play ages 30-60
- Sherre- The team captain and leader of the group. Organized the weekends and tries to organize those around her.
- Lexie- Pampered and outspoken, she is determined to be young forever. She is a serial bride!
- Dinah- The overachiever who has one goal-her career.
- Vernadette- She survives the darkness that follows her with acerbic wit and self-deprecating humor. She thrives on chaos.
- Jeri Neal- Sweet and unassuming until a late foray into motherhood turns her world upside down. She begins the play as a nun!
Perusal copies of the script are available in the DCP office. For additional information regarding auditions, please contact Debra Baron, Artistic Director at 704 892-7953 or email email@example.com.
Oct. 23 from 7-9pm
Oct. 27 from 7-9pm
details coming soon.