Auditions for Mainstage
Oct. 23 from 7-9pm
Oct. 26 from 7-9pm
Davidson Community Players announces open auditions for its December production of It’s a Wonderful Life, a radio play by Joe Landry. Auditionees only need to come one night, but should plan to arrive at the start of the audition and stay for the entire session. Actors at all levels of experience are encouraged to attend. Please bring a resume or a list of your contact information and your theatre experience, a recent photo and a list of all of your conflicts. Rehearsals will begin in November. No prior acting experience is required and novice actors are encouraged to audition. The production will run December 4-21.
This enduring and endearing holiday classic reminds us the worth each life holds-that even the least important moment to one person may have the greatest influence on others. It’s A Wonderful Life brings to stage one such tale as George Bailey who doesn't get a single thing he wants out of life and winds up being the richest man in town.
Actors must be comfortable playing a wide range of ages and characters. As we will be performing as a radio play with scripts in hand, memorization is not necessary.
• Freddie Filmore: Announcer, Gower, Potter, Billy, Joseph, Peter Bailey, Ernie, Old Man Collins, Ed, Pete, Man at Martini’s, Nick, Bridge Keeper, Binky, and Cop
• Jake Laurents: George Bailey (and young George)
• Sally Applewhite: Mary Hatch (and young Mary)
• Lana Sherwood: Violet (and young Violet), Rose Bailey, Matilda, Ruth, Mrs. Hatch, Mrs. Thompson, Schultz, Zuzu, Janie and Sadie Vance
• Harry “Jazzbo” Heywood: Harry (and young Harry), Bert, Clarence, Odd-Body, Sam Wainwright, Martini, Dr. Campbell, Charlie, Man (at run on Bank), Horace the Teller, Mr. Welch, Tommy Sheriff
Please note that all five actors will also provide ad-libs and energy for the crowd scenes.
Perusal copies of the script are available in the DCP office. For additional information regarding auditions, please contact Debra Baron, Artistic Director at 704 892-7953 or email email@example.com